The Trucking Permits application is no longer in service. On January 27, 2014, the Kansas Truck Routing and Intelligent Permitting System (K-TRIPS) was deployed to improve the efficiency of truck routing and permitting in Kansas. This system was designed in cooperative effort among the Kansas Department of Transportation, Kansas Department of Revenue, Kansas Highway Patrol, the motor carrier industry and the software development company.

You may access the K-TRIPS system by going to and clicking the K-TRIPS link to setup your account. If you currently have an escrow account, on the last screen in the setup process, you will select “Click here if you already have an escrow account”. This will open an email addressed to the K-TRIPS Permit Office for you to send requesting your escrow balance to be transferred to the K-TRIPS Escrow Accounting System. Please allow 3 business days for the transfer to occur. A credit card will be required when purchasing permits prior to the completion of your escrow transfer to the new system.