Skip navigational links The Official Web Site of the State of Kansas
KCC 24/7 Motor Carrier Registration
A joint service of the Kansas Corporation Commission and Information Network of Kansas, Inc.


Helpful Hints
Contact Info
Privacy Statement
KCC Web site
Kansas Web site

KCC Motor Carrier Registration


You may add a vehicle, delete a vehicle, transfer a vehicle or renew your Kansas Motor Carrier authorities online. Upon completion, you will need to print a copy of your new credentials. KCC will not mail them to you.

Who May Register Online?

In some cases individuals are not eligible to renew their authorities online. Do not proceed if you are a:

  • Carrier without valid insurance on file
  • Carrier with authority not in good standing

If you have questions, please contact the Kansas Corporation Commission.

Special Concerns

All commercial carriers over 10,001 lbs. GVWR must have a DOT Number. If you are an Interstate carrier (go across state lines) you need to contact the Office of Motor Carrier Safety at (785) 267-7288. If you are an Intrastate carrier (stay within the state of Kansas) you will need to contact the KCC at (785) 271-3145.

Materials Needed

  • Your renewal forms. You must enter information from them to access your account. This helps ensure your privacy.
  • A printer. You must be able to print a copy of your credentials upon completion. The cab cards will not be mailed to you by the KCC.

Forms of Payment

The accepted payment methods are electronic check or credit card. We accept the following cards:

Visa Master Card American Express Discover Card