skip navigation and begin body content The Official Web site of the State of Kansas about | help center A service of the Information Network of Kansas, Inc. Kansas State Employee Services
State Employee Services - Important Notices Archive


Home > Government > State Employee Services > Important Notices
Vacation Overage Information

Classified employees, and unclassified employees who follow Executive Order 04-13, and whose vacation balance is, or soon will be, over the maximum: You must use your excess vacation leave by Saturday, June 16, 2007 (or a preceding work day, such as Friday, if you do not work Saturdays).

If you are unable to take the excess vacation leave, you’re Human Resource or Payroll office will ensure up to 40 hours of vacation leave that is over the maximum allowed is converted to sick leave at the end of the fiscal year.

The hours you accrue during the 06/03/07 - 06/16/07 pay period are not affected.

The table below outlines the accumulation limits based on your length of service if you are a classified employee, or an unclassified employee who follows Executive Order 04-13. If you are unsure if you fall into this category, contact your Human Resources office for assistance as your maximum accumulation may differ.

Length of Service Maximum Accumulation
Less than 5 years 144
5 years and Less than 10 176
10 years and Less than 15 208
15 years and over 240

Leave balances are viewable in the View Leave Balances section of Employee Self Service. However, please note that Vacation Leave Overages, if applicable, are not displayed separately from the Vacation Ending Balance.

If you have questions, please contact your Human Resource or Payroll office.


Send employee portal comments to


copyright© 2008, ::  Policies and Statements | Help Center | Contact Us | Survey